Redstone MM was comprised of several preparative meetings on the east side of the Monongahela River in southwestern Pennsylvania, primarily in Fayette County. When established, it consisted of Redstone and Providence PMs. As additional PMs were established to the south and east, two PMs were set off as Providence MM in 1817.
Redstone MM suffered heavily from the divisions of 1828 and 1854. After the PM at Sandy Creek was laid down in 1847, the MM consisted only of Redstone PM. Due to reduced numbers, in 1855 Redstone MM was laid down, with its surviving PM attached to Westland MM.