Providence Meeting was one of three large Friends meetings in the original Redstone settlement. It was a continuation of Little Redstone Meeting; the name was changed when the PM was granted, but the MW was held under Redstone PM for four weeks before Providence PM was opened on 1/21/1790. A meeting house had been constructed on the property by the time the name was changed, but the trustees never recorded an updated deed with the new name. The MW was laid down in 1871. The stone meeting house collapsed circa 1900, and in the early 20th century local descendants of members constructed a small replica of the building which still stands.