Redstone QM was the first to be established for Friends living west of
the Appalachian Mountains. Its original meetings were Westland and
Redstone, but within a decade it extended from approximately Pittsburgh
west to approximately Indianapolis. The QM was originally subordinate
to Baltimore Yearly Meeting, which partitioned the Ohio meetings in
1807-1808, limiting the QM to meetings in southwestern Pennsylvania.
The QM suffered from the Hicksite division in 1828 and then the Gurney
division in 1854. By the time of the second division, the meetings in
the QM were in a much reduced condition. In 1869, when only one MM
could be sustained in the Quarter, Redstone QM was laid down and its
members were attached to Salem QM.