Redstone Meeting was the second oldest meeting west of the Alleghanies. It was called "Monongahela Meeting" from 1783 to 1785, when the PM was granted (the name Monongahela was also later used as an initial name for Fallowfield). The original Redstone Meeting House was built southwest of Brownsville. This earlier building, called the "Bull Run Meeting House," burned in 1798. At the behest of Rees Cadwalader, a new meeting house was built on Prospect Avenue in Brownsville. This meeting house, called "Peace Hill," faced west over the village to the Monongahela River and into Washington County. In the 1850s, the meeting house was sold. Burials, formerly located south of the meeting house, were moved east so that the property could be developed.