Marlborough Monthly Meeting covered the Friends meetings in early Stark
County, Ohio. It was established in 1814, with two preparative meetings
formerly part of Salem MM (Marlborough and Lexington) and one meeting
formerly part of New Garden MM (Kendal). The only meeting established
by Marlborough MM was Deer Creek.
At the time of the 1828 division, Marlborough MM was deeply divided.
Deer Creek Meeting was almost completely Hicksite, and Kendal was
majority Hicksite. The other two meetings (Lexington and Marlborough)
were nearly evenly divided. The minutes of Marlborough MM prior to the
1828 division passed to the Orthodox Friends. In 1854, the clerks were
both Gurneyites and took the minute books. These books were lost for
decades and were not included in the information gleaned for EAQG
volume 4. When the minute books surfaced later in the twentieth
century, they were deposited in the Eastern Region archives at Malone