The second Pike Run Meeting House was constructed in 1829 and was demolished around 1900. It was located on Clover Hill, West Pike Run Township, Washington County, Pa. Its location is estimated on the map.
It should be mentioned that in 1828 the Hicksites constructed a brick meeting house adjacent to this meeting house. Forrest reports that it measured 20x30 feet. Ann Gregg's son operated a wagon shop out of the building in the late 19th century.
The earlier meeting house burned in late 1828, according to the minutes of Redstone QM on 2/7/1829. The new meeting house appears to be the 20x30 foot frame building mentioned in Forrest's History of Washington County, Pennsylvania (1926) on page 53.
The meeting grew smaller as the 19th century progressed. At the end, Forrest reports that only the Amos Griffith family worshipped here. The meeting was laid down in the spring of 1854.
In 1865, the property was sold to Ann Gregg, a widow. She lived in the Orthodox Meeting House (the building documented here), while her son operated a wagon shop out of the brick Hicksite meeting house. By the time of the Depression, a barn was standing on the property.