Salem MM was established in 1805 for Friends in northwestern Columbiana
County. Early in its history, the meeting had several preparative
meetings, including Springfield, Marlborough, Goshen, and Lexington.
With the establishment of Marlborough MM in 1814 and Upper Springfield
MM in 1825, Salem MM was left with only a single meeting (Salem). In
1874, the remaining Friends of the discontinued Redstone QM, then in
Sewickley PM, were attached to Salem MM. Once Sewickley was laid down
in 1912, the MM only had one subordinate meeting (Salem).
The meeting was re-named Salem-Upper Springfield MM when the former
Upper Springfield MM was merged into the MM in 1975.