Short Creek QM was the first QM to be established in the state of Ohio. Originally comprised of Concord and Short Creek MMs, it eventually spread north, west, and south into Jefferson, Harrison, and Belmont Counties. The southern part of the QM was set off as Stillwater QM in 1821.
Throughout most of the 19th century, Short Creek QM was comprised of Short Creek, Smithfield, and Flushing MMs.
One of the most important PMs in Short Creek QM was Mount Pleasant. The MH there was constructed as the Ohio Yearly Meeting House, and the Mount Pleasant Friends Boarding School was constructed nearby in 1837.
The QM suffered from the 1828 and 1854 divisions. For nearly a century, the QM was comprised of Short Creek MM (held at Harrisville) and Flushing MM. The latter was laid down in 1960, and except for the brief existence of Uniontown MM, Short Creek MM was the sole surviving MM in the QM. The QM was laid down in 1998, at which time Short Creek MM was attached to Stillwater QM.