Short Creek Meeting is located near the border of Jefferson and Harrison Counties, just north of Adena, Ohio. The meeting was established with the name Harrisville Meeting, subordinate to Short Creek Monthly Meeting. The original Short Creek Meeting, located just west of Mount Pleasant, was laid down in 1863. Harrisville was the largest meeting in Short Creek MM after 1854. After 1936, the surviving meeting in the Monthly Meeting was Harrisville, and since that time the earlier name of Harrisville has been set aside for the name of Short Creek Meeting. See also the pages for Harrisville Preparative Meeting (held 1823-1936) and for Short Creek Monthly Meeting. The meeting house was rebuilt in 1863 and has been in use thereafter. Short Creek QM met exclusively here after 1936. The midweek meeting was discontinued in the fall of 1960 (SCQM 8/20/1961).