Middleton Meeting is the oldest meeting for worship in Ohio YM, though it meets in the newest meeting house of all Ohio meetings. See also the pages for Middleton Preparative Meeting (held 1803-1932) and for Middleton Monthly Meeting, held since 1803.
The meeting was founded in 1801 with the name of Bethel Meeting. The first meeting house was a log building constructed off Kirk Road in Section 26, and the adjacent burial ground remains in use by the meeting. The name was changed to Middleton in 1803 when the preparative meeting was granted.
The second meeting house was a brick building constructed in 1810. It was demolished in 1858.
The third meeting house (1858) was a frame building located south of the second building, at a more public location facing onto a crossroads. This meeting house was used for an entire century, until 1958. It was demolished circa 2007.
The current meeting house was built in 1958 west of the third meeting house. The two-level brick building has a meeting room, classroom, and library on the upper level and a kitchen and classrooms on the lower level.