Friends of Deer Creek Settlement requested a meeting for worship on First and Fourth Days at Marlborough MM on 2/24/1821. The MM granted the request on 4/28/1821 and appointed a committee to officially open Deer Creek Meeting on 5/9/1821. The MM then appointed a committee on 6/23/1821 to select a location for a meeting house and burial ground and to procure a deed.
Marlborough MM appointed a committee to have oversight of the indulged meeting at Deer Creek. Deer Creek Friends requested that the meeting be established on 12/27/1823; the MM agreed with the proposal and forwarded it to Salem QM. The QM appointed a committee to visit and reported back to Marlborough MM on 8/28 that it approved the request to establish Deer Creek meeting. As a result, the care committee appointed by the MM was discontinued.
The meeting house was located in the northwest part of Lexington Township, Stark County, near the village of Limaville.
In early 1828, most Friends at Deer Creek joined the Hicksites. Marlborough MM appointed a committee to visit Deer Creek on 2/26/1828; this committee reported back on 3/25 that Deer Creek Meeting should be laid down. Salem QM agreed with the assessment, and on 5/27/1828 the MM appointed a committee to lay down Deer Creek Meeting.
Not all Friends at Deer Creek were Hicksite. The Orthodox at Deer Creek resumed worshipping at Marlborough. The MM appointed a committee on 2/28/1832 to visit Deer Creek Friends. The committee reported back on 3/27/1832 that the Orthodox Friends at Deer Creek preferred to continue worshipping at Marlborough rather than re-open the meeting at Deer Creek.